Own a piece of history, 96 acres, seclusion, and so much more.
Listed on the National Historic Register and a founding member of the prestigious Select Registry group of Inns and B&B’s, Snowbird Mountain Lodge boasts one of the best reputations as a Country Inns in the Southeast. Located in Southwestern North Carolina in Graham County with approximately 300 square miles and a county population of 8,000 this remote county boasts 72% Federal lands (USFS) and about 8% Tribal (Cherokee) lands leaving only 20% in private hands.
Snowbird Mountain Lodge was built in 1941 and has been in continuous operation for 77 years as a guest facility. Situated high on a ridge at 3,000 feet in elevation and overlooking the Snowbird Mountains in the southern Smoky Mountains, the view here is undeveloped and unspoiled and offers a gaze of mountains piled upon mountains as far as the eye can see.
After a quarter of a century under single ownership, this pristine property is now being offered to the discerning buyer. Currently, the Lodge boasts a robust overnight guest business, prestigious culinary reputation and a well-stocked bar/wine cellar (liquor license included in sale) along with many other amenities during a season that runs from February-November.
Encompassing 96 unrestricted acres with plentiful water and power in place allowing for expansion possibilities. The sale includes a total of 23 guest rooms all with private baths.
Current footprint of all facilities encompasses approximately 12 of the 96 acres.
Included In Sale
Historic Lodge (15 guest rooms, all with private bath)
Wolfe Cottage (2 guest rooms, 2 BA)
Chestnut Lodge (6 guest rooms, 6 BA)
Staff house (3BR, 2.5 BA)
Smith Cottage (Offices, Massage Therapy, Maintenance Facilities, Storage)
Owners/Managers house (3800sq ft. 3 BR, 4.5 BA) – Includes separate shop/garage.
Chefs house #1 (1400 sq. ft. 2 BR, 1 BA)
Chefs house #2 (1800 sq. ft. 3 BR, 2 BA)
Full staff in place- Chefs/front desk management/housekeeping management/maintenance management.
Two Tennis Courts
Privacy, isolation, acreage, all located within 30 minutes from a private airport.
Western Carolina Regional airport can accommodate any size individual or light commercial aircraft.
Explore the Possibilities
- Exclusive Private Residence.
- Destination Wedding Venue with the addition of a Barn or Chapel for ceremonies
- Small business conference facility/retreats. Addition of small conference/meeting space
- Spa. Addition of spa facilities/building here on site
- Move to a year-round operation, expanding from 10 months to 12, offering Christmas and New Year special.
- Motorsports or driving club opportunities for scenic and nationally recognized drives such as Hwy 129 “The Tail of the Dragon,” The Blue Ridge Parkway, The Cherohala Skyway, and Hwy 29 “The Moonshiner.”
- Develop property for sales of lots and small homes, or consider a private club for owners. Roads in place to open up the rest of acreage for development. Ease of access with minimum changes to road structures and property that will not affect the historic main building.
Potential Property Growth Opportunities
- 40 acres directly across the road that is available. The property could easily be developed into additional cabins/spa facilities/home sites/garages for storage of vehicles.
- 50 acres also across the road from the lodge may be available – Potential to develop store/rest stop/homes/cabins styles like the Tail of the Dragon Hwy 129 as this property sits at the entrance to the Cherohala Skyway and has flat/compacted roadside area already in place.
Snowbird is a well-maintained property both inside and out and underwent a complete renovation in 2005/2006 which brought it up to current codes without sacrificing any of its historical nature. This property continues to experience upgrades/maintenance and modernization to keep pace with current trends. The current staff team members have been carefully selected, recruited and trained and are in place for a smooth and successful transition.
Visit http://www.snowbirdlodge.com/ to see the lodging, activities, and amenities of this captivating and thriving guest retreat in the Smoky Mountains of North Carolina. Additional information is available to well-qualified parties. A full information package and tours are available. Offered at 6,250,000. No brokerage commission.
Snowbird Mountain Lodge is located eleven miles from Robbinsville, NC.
Estimated Snowbird Drive Times
Asheville, NC 2 hrs
Knoxville, TN 2 hrs
Chattanooga, TN 2.5 hrs
Atlanta, GA 3 hrs
Charlotte, NC 4 hrs
Nashville, TN 4.5 hrs
Columbia, SC 4.5 hrs
Birmingham, AL 5 hrs
Raleigh, NC 6 hrs
Cincinnati, OH 8 hrs
New York, NY 14 hrs